The Indian Food Industry has been gradually increasing its contribution globally to the food trade market every year. The industry has been emerging as a high-growth and high-profit sector within its sector showing potential for adding value. To achieve constant growth every year, the ministry of food processing industry is taking numerous efforts to encourage further investments in the business. Currently, the food industry contributes 32% of India’s food market making it the 6th largest food and grocery market in the world and 5th in terms of production, export and consumption.
See Also: Bikanervala Franchise In India
Bikanervala Franchise Wiki
Bikanervala goes back to the mid-twentieth century when a small part of their family came to Delhi from Bikaner, Rajasthan in 1950. The family owned Lalji sweets and namkeen store in Bikaner115 years ago and now they are a 1,100 crore company with its headquarters in New Delhi.
A brief timeline of Bikanervala
- Bikanervala opened its first store in Chandni Chowk in1950. The store was named Bikaner Bhujia Bhandar which was located in Paranthe wali gali. Delhi people for the love of the products started calling them as Bikanervala and that’s how a new brand name saw the beginning in Delhi.
- It was in 1960 that the company increased its product line of traditional sweets and savoury items for its customers. The company then opened several outlets in more posh areas of Delhi, including Karol Bagh.
- In 1968, Shyam Sundar Aggarwal (The present Managing Director of Bikanervala Foods Pvt Ltd), joined the family business.
- In 1980, when western food entered the Indian Market, Mr Shyam Sundar Aggarwal realised that there was a huge scope to explore more Indian products and thus opened various Bikanervala outlets all across the country.
See Also: Bailley Water Distributorship
- In 1988, Bikanervala launched Bikano so that they could take the brand on a global scale by selling sweets and namkeen products in air-tight packaging.
- In 1995, Bikanervala entered into an agreement with PepsiCo to produce Lehar (A namkeen product) exclusively for them. This exclusive agreement led them to open a new plant in Faridabad, Haryana.
- To take their company to a larger scale, Bikanervala inaugurated Bikano Chat Cafes in 2003. These cafes are restaurants that serve fast foods with very minimum table service.
- Apart from Bikano and Bikano Chat Cafe, the company also has another brand called Angan restaurant. These restaurants serve traditional Indian sweets, Indian snacks and namkeens.
Currently, Bikanervala Food Pvt Ltd has both National and International reach with almost 85 outlets in India and 26 outlets operating in UAE, Nepal, New Zealand, Singapore and USA. The company has also been awarded as the Best Sweet Shop in Delhi for three consecutive years (2012, 2013 and 2014) by Times Food Awards.
Bikanervala Franchise Benefits
See Also: Tyre Recycling Business
Bikanervala is a strong brand name in itself. This particular brand is well-known in the food sector and has been fully accepted by its customers across the world. This gives business opportunist the added benefit of making this outlet as one the best traditional sweet franchises you could ever invest in as the outlet already holds a high brand value in the market.
The taste and quality of their products surpass any sweet and namkeen store due to its high-quality ingredient, the traditional and conventional method of making products and maintaining hygiene. This is the highlight of Bikanervala which gives its franchise owners the added benefit of owning an outlet whose flavours have been idolized for a long time.
Another benefit that can be added to the list for prospective franchise owners is that all of Bikanervala’s products are made without any adulteration which gives its consumers the taste of home-made sweets and namkeens every time they walk-in their store or order through online food delivery apps.
Bikanervala Franchise Cost
The total investment cost that the owner has to incur in order to own a Bikanervala franchise outlet is between 2 to 5 crores. The amount depends upon the built-up area the owner has.
See Also: Indian Oil Petrol Pump Dealership
The investment includes the cost of franchise fees, furniture and any other installations that are required to set up the franchise outlet. Bikanervala does not require any royalty fees from its franchise owners.
Total investment made in franchise = Rs.3,00,00,000
Expenses incurred in a month
- Rent paid for a 2000 Sq.ft area = Rs.5,00,000
- Salaries paid to 12 employees (Rs.10,000*12) = Rs.1,20,000
- Miscellaneous expenses incurred for the month = Rs.50,000
Total expenses incurred in a month = Rs.6,70,000
Bikanervala Franchise Requirements
The built-up area required to start a Bikanervala franchise is between 1200 to 2000 Sq.ft. The commercial area can either be owned or can also be taken on a rental basis by the owner.
See Also: Go Waterless Franchise Requirements
Skills or experience required to run the franchise
The proprietor/owner must possess entrepreneurial and leadership skills to run the outlet smoothly. The store must have confectioners who have prior experience in making traditional Indian sweets and namkeen items. The management must have adequate knowledge about the products, proper attitude while serving its customers and should also be a quick learner to the management techniques.
The company also gives training to the management on how the current IT systems should be used in the franchise outlet.
Minimum Staff requirement
The franchise outlet requires a minimum of 10 to 12 employees to run the outlet in a smooth and professional manner.
See Also: Red Tape Franchise
Regions of operation
As of 2019, Bikanervala has operational outlets present both Nationally and Internationally with 85 outlets and 26 outlets respectively, thus providing them with a global presence.
Detailed operation manuals are provided to every franchise outlet so that the entire management team can understand the do’s and font’s on how the brand operates.
In-field assistance is available to every franchise owner along with expert guidance from Delhi head office so that the franchise outlet operates without any glitch.
Bikanervala Franchise Profit
- The average footfall of customers in a day = 300 customers
- Average amount an individual spends in store = Rs.300
- Total income earned in a day (300*Rs.300) = Rs.90,000
Total income earned in a month (Rs.30,000*30) = Rs.27,00,000
See Also: Handyman Franchise In USA
Gross profit for the month
Gross profit for the month (60% of Rs.27,00,000) = Rs.16,20,000
Total profit for the month
Total profit earned in a month (Rs.16,20,000 – Rs.6,70,000) = Rs.9,50,000
You can get back your entire investment based on the profitability example within 2 to 3 years.
Franchise revenue depends on a wide range of factors, as does profit. How much money you can make from any franchise depends on a number of specific factors such as franchise location, labor costs, commercial lease rates and a number of other factors.
How to Apply For Bikanervala Franchise
To get the franchise first you have to fill the form. Then the company officials will contact you for further details. After that you you can open this franchise.
Bikanervala Franchise Contact details
Is it profitable or not?
See Also: Tata Gluco Plus Distributorship
Ans: It is fast moving consumer good products, so there is fewer margins but your sale is too high. So, obviously you can make more profit from this business
So far we have shared the basics for this franchise. It is the most profitable franchise. You will never doubt your decision to start this franchise. Go ahead and achieve your goal. If you find more information please feel free to share with us. Share your thoughts and we will definitely contact you with new franchise and opportunities. Stay Tuned for more franchise. Thank you
Disclaimer: The information given in this article like investment may vary from place to place, so we are not sure about the investment part.
If you need any help from our team then please fill the contact form our team will contact you soon. And if you like this post then please share this post.