Psychology – The scientific study of human mind and behavior is understood as psychology consistent with the American Psychological Association. it’s a multidisciplinary field with many subsets like human development, sports, health, clinical, social behaviour and cognitive processes.
Those who pursue psychology are called psychologists. Psychologists study everything about the human experience from the essential workings of the human brain to consciousness, memory, reasoning, and language to personality.
There are diploma, bachelor degree, postgraduate, and certificate courses available in colleges both in India and other foreign countries. A bachelor’s degree in psychology is quite enough for those that want to figure immediately after a bachelor’s degree. Also, there’s an option for those that want to pursue higher studies in psychology.
There are a spread of career paths in psychology for graduates, and this is often the best strength of the domain. the necessity and importance of psychology are growing such a lot that it’s a separate branch in 12th standard.
Eligibility Criteria (UG and PG) of Psychology
- Candidates from all streams can pursue psychology courses.
- Candidates who have completed 10+2 from a recognized board of education are eligible with a prerequisite that they need scored a minimum of 55% marks.
- Additional eligibility criteria can also be mentioned by a couple of colleges during admission.
- Merit-based admissions or admissions through entrance exams are decided by the precise colleges.
- Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree in psychology are eligible. The ultimate year papers should contain psychology because the main subject for mark calculations.
- Candidates appearing for his or her final year examination also are eligible.
- Candidates who have finished their graduation in psychology in distance education or from Open University aren’t eligible. Universities conduct general entrance exams and interviews to grant admission to deserving candidates.
Entrance Exam for Psychology
– Manipal Entrance Test is conducted by Manipal Academy of upper Education. it’s a computer-based test conducted in English for two hours and half-hour . The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude. There are 200 objective type questions for each correct answer, four marks are going to be awarded, and for each wrong answer, one mark are going to be deducted. Candidates who clear the examination are offered admission to varied undergraduate and postgraduate courses associated with applied sciences, pharmacy, and engineering specializations.
– Delhi University Entrance Test may be a national level entrance examination organized by the National Testing Agency to grant admission into various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate courses. The duration for DUET is 2 hours and consists of 100 multiple choice questions for a complete of 400 marks.
– Banaras Hindu University conducts entrance exams for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It’s conducted online with 120 multiple-choice questions. The topics covered within the entrance examination conducted by BHU are History, Child, Social and Individual Psychology.
– Central Universities Common Entrance Test is an all India test conducted to grant admission to varied Integrated/undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in several central universities and state universities of India. CUCET is conducted just one occasion a year. The duration of the exam is 2 hours and consists of multiple-choice questions. Selected candidates are offered admission within the various Central Universities.
Certificate : Introduction to psychology , certificate courses in psychology, etc. Range from hours to weeks
Diploma : post graduation diploma in counselling 1 year
UG : BA psychology , BSc psychology , etc. 3 years
PG : MA psychology, MSc applied psychology , etc 2 years
Doctorate : Ph. D psychology 3 to 6 years
Students who have successfully competed their training in psychology can make their mark and pursue a career as a psychologist within the following lucrative branches of psychology.
Clinical psychologists assess and treat people with psychological problems. They will act as therapists for people that are experiencing normal psychological crises (e.g., grief) or for people affected by chronic psychiatric disorders.
Counseling psychologists do many of an equivalent things that clinical psychologists do. However, counseling psychologists tend to focus more on persons with adjustment problems instead of on persons affected by severe psychological disorders. The will be trained in psychology departments or in education departments.
Health psychologists are concerned with psychology’s contributions to the promotion and maintenance of excellent health and therefore the prevention and treatment of illness. They’ll design and conduct programs to assist individuals stop smoking, reduce , shed alcoholism, manage stress, and stay physically fit. They are employed in hospitals, medical schools, rehabilitation centers, public health agencies, academic settings, and personal practice.
Educational psychologists plan to understand the essential aspects of human learning and to develop materials and methods for enhancing the training process. For instance , an academic psychologist might study reading then develop a replacement technique for teaching . Educational psychologists are typically trained in departments of education (known as departments of psychology) and employed in colleges and universities.
Another career choice to consider if you’re curious about counseling is welfare work . As is true with other disciplines, there are a spread of allied fields in welfare work . Social workers who practice psychotherapy are usually called either clinical social workers or psychiatric social workers. Clinical social workers are trained to diagnose and treat psychological problems. Psychiatric social workers provide services to individuals, married couples, families, and little groups. They add psychological state centers, counseling centers, sheltered workshops, hospitals, and schools. They’ll even have their own private practice
Facts About Psychology
Smiling even in the bad mood will immediately improve your mood using these muscles is enough to trigger happy chemicals in the brain.
Maturity is when you stop posting everything that happens in your life on social media.
Worrying is a waste of time good and bad things happen in life you just have to keep living and not stress over what you can not control.
We are naturally second-minded because other people don’t approve.
Yawning to have someone else’s yawn is a normal phenomenon, despite not feeling exhausted or asleep. One of the myths regarding its infectiousness is that people ‘catch’ it to express empathy.
An average individual’s mind wanders 30% of the time.