When we plan to start our career as an entrepreneur, choosing the right business idea along with calculating the risks and the profit involved is extremely important. Therefore, investing in a business that has great demand in the market helps you in setting up your business smoothly and also results in generating good profits. Once such a growing business is the Face Mask Manufacturing Business, selecting the business with massive demand and extensive reach in the market not only helps you in establishing the business idea successfully, but it also helps you maintain a better livelihood.
The deadly eruption of the COVID-19 pandemic has immensely resulted in numerous problems of all kind. The major drawback and challenge that the COVID-19 has resulted in are the various health issues and problems that it has got with it.
Why to Invest in Face Mask Manufacturing Business??
The outbreak of this pandemic has also affected the demand of the face masks in the market worldwide. With the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus in the Wuhan city of China, the virus has been spreading rapidly worldwide.
Moreover, no country is being able to fight with the major loss that is caused due to this virus. In addition to this, being a deadly and a serious illness the COVID-19 pandemic is being deteriorating the health of many.
The deteriorated health of numerous people is the biggest reason behind the massive demand of face masks in the existing market. Therefore, the biggest reason behind investing in the Face Mask Manufacturing Business is the increased and rapidly increasing cases of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic.
Importance of Face Masks in the Present Market
Since now we have developed a little idea behind the huge demand of face masks in the market, let us now learn a little more about the importance of face masks in the market. Furthermore, we will also understand that how is opting the Face Mask Manufacturing Business in the present time a good choice for the budding entrepreneurs and the new businesspersons.
Therefore, let us begin now….
- Earlier, the face masks were only used in the hospitals, clinics, and the healthcare departments. Additionally, face masks were also used by people suffering with Asthma, having breathing issues due to the extensive pollution in the country, and other related diseases.
- But, as we have learned in the afore-mentioned paragraphs, the reason behind the constantly soaring need of Face Masks is the rapidly rising cases of the novel coronavirus in the country.
- Moreover, as per the survey conducted by the Association of Indian Medical Device Industry, nearly 240 million disposable face masks are being produced annually for the daily use.
- Except for this, nobody ever thought of wearing masks every time before stepping out of the house.
- Furthermore, the fear of getting infected with the deadly COVID-19 virus is the major reason that makes people wear as well as carry face masks wherever they go.
- Besides, this is the reason that why you should choose to set up a Face Mask Manufacturing Business.
Types of Face Masks Used
- Various SME and MSME manufacturing units are preparing the face masks on a large scale serving the increased demand for the face masks in the existing market.
- Besides, the production of these face masks ranges between 20, 000 to 1, 00, 000 daily.
- But this product range also varies as it depends on the size of the manufacturing unit.
- In addition to this, to avert the rapid spread of the virus, there are three types of face masks that can be easily manufactured.
Business Plan for Face Mask Manufacturing Business
A business plan is a well-crafted plan made by covering all the essential factors and details about a business idea.
A business plan consists of the following: –
- Your business plan for establishing the Face Mask Manufacturing Business should consist of the business goal, the strategy, the investment, the raw materials, as well as the manufacturing process.
- While making your business plan, you should be clear about setting up your business within in set time period.
- In addition to this, to set up the Face Mask Manufacturing Unit successfully, you must analyze and study your target market carefully.
- Apart from this, having a well-structured business plan will also help you in locating the local markets around your business entity. In this way, you will be apt to sell the manufactured face masks to your local shops.
- Furthermore, the pricing and the costing of the manufactured product will also help you initially to gain customers and sell your products in a good quantity, increasing the sale of the face masks.
Market Potential of the Face Masks
- Intending to assure the success of the Face Mask Manufacturing Business, you need to analyze and study its market potential well.
- In addition to this, the fleeting life of the face masks is the reason that adds to its huge demand in the market.
Investment for the Face Mask Manufacturing Business
- The Face Mask Manufacturing Business can be set up with a nominal or a sensible investment.
- Additionally, to take care of the business location, the raw materials, the machinery and equipment, and the manufacturing process cost, you can arrange the finance by applying for business loans from financial institutions.
- Moreover, a certain amount of your investment will also be used for obtaining the requisite License and Registrations.
Secure a Location for your Business
- To establish the Face Mask Manufacturing Business, you are required to acquire the space equivalent to 1000Sq. Ft.
- Additionally, by securing the location for your business, you will able to manufacture the face masks without any hindrance.
Raw Materials used in Face Mask Manufacturing
The raw materials that are needed to manufacture the face masks can be easily procured.
The below-given list consists of the raw materials: –
- To manufacture the N95 masks, you are required to procure- Mask Band Elastic, Mask Nose Pin, Nonwoven Fabric, and Exhalation Valve.
- Additionally, to manufacture three ply face masks, you need to use- Mask band elastic, Nonwoven Fabric, Mask Nose Pin, and Filter Fabric.
Machinery and Equipment
To manufacture face masks, you need to purchase the following machinery and equipment.
- Non-Woven Mask Blank Making Machine.
- Face Mask Machines.
- Mask Inner Ear Loop Welding Machine.
- Tie on Mask Making Machine.
You may start the small to medium Business either a Proprietorship or Partnership Firm.
If you are starting this Business as One Person Company, then you have to register your firm as a proprietorship.
For Partnership operation, you have to register as a limited liability partnership (LLP) or Pvt. Ltd. Company with
Registrar of Companies (ROC).
it is mandatory to get the GST number to run the business; you need to apply for the GST registration.
obtain trade license from local authorities
this MSME/SSI Registration will help you to get schemes and facility for the business offers by the state government
BIS has mentioned the specific quality standard for Business. ISI specification for the
you can secure your brand with trademark registration
IEC code is essential for the export of the product
apply for pollution certificate this business produces an offensive odour.
state insurance which is an insurance scheme for workers.
Employees provident fund is compulsory for the business where more than 20 employees are working.
To comply with the above processes and registration, one might need any legal expert who would help in absolute legal compliance to meet industrial standards.
How to Start a Face Mask Manufacturing Business?
- Intending to start the Face Mask Manufacturing Business, you are required to understand one thing that this business is divided into two segments.
- The first channel of this business is a product-based channel. In this phase, the face masks such as basic surgical masks, fluid/splash resistant masks, anti-fog surgical masks, N95 respirators, etc., are manufactured.
- In the second channel of the Mask Manufacturing Business, you need to focus on the distribution of the face masks. In this phase, you must focus on selling the manufactured face masks to the retailers and wholesalers in bulk.
- Moreover, you can also sell the face masks to your local medical stores, clinics, pharmacies, etc.
Here a few steps are given to start the Face Mask Manufacturing Business: –
1- Create a well-researched business plan before setting up the business entity.
2- In addition to this, mention all the details regarding the machinery and equipment, the investment, the location, the marketing strategy, etc.
3- Once you set up the Face Mask Manufacturing Business, register your business entity and obtain the requisite registrations and licenses.
4- You can either get your business registered as a Sole Proprietorship firm, Public Limited Company, Private Limited or Limited liability partnership or Partnership firm under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
5- Moreover, you are also required to acquire the ISI standard registration as it is a mandatory requirement.
6- Besides, to set up your Face Mask Manufacturing Unit and run it smoothly, you need to acquire a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Resident Welfare Association (RWA) of your area.
7- Additionally, you also need to obtain the Shop and Establishment Act License from the state authority.
Due to the outbreak of the lethal COVID-19, the whole world has been witnessing harsh conditions and difficult health problems and other related additional issues. Additionally, in such tough circumstances, face masks are playing an extremely crucial role. In the situations caused due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, wearing face masks has become a necessity.
Therefore, people who are planning to invest in a manufacturing business must choose Face Mask Manufacturing Business as in the present time; this is the business in massive demand. Moreover, the market for selling face masks is huge in the present scenario.
Except for this, the major reason behind the massive success and great profit in the Face Mask Manufacturing Business is the biggest reason behind choosing it and becoming a successful business entrepreneur.