Hello Friends, today we’ll discuss about Puffed rice manufacturing Business Plan. If you want to open such business then after reading this article you get all the information about the Puffed rice manufacturing Business Plan. In this article you get the information about how to start this business, its total cost, profit, Requirements and all information about this business. If you are interested in this business then it is a good time to start.
Puffed rice used in breakfast cereal or snack foods served as popular street food. Puffed food is segmented by applications as Bakery Industry and Snacks Industry. In bakery it uses in in making puffed backed pancake, puffed baked potato and others.
Puffed food has a primary role in human consumption. Consumer demand is increasing for puffed foods due to various health benefits such as weight loss. Therefore increasing the market share of puffed food market. Increasing demand for healthy snack food in breakfast is fueling the market for puffed food. The shift is now leading to growing demand for
nutritious street food. Thus puffed food are expected to see higher market share related to its various health benefits.
What is Puffed rice manufacturing Business?
Puffed rice also known as murmura, muri in Hindi are very lightweight and crisp. It is one of the very popular fast food of the Country. Puffed rice is a type of puffed grain from the Indian subcontinent, made from rice, commonly used in breakfast cereal or snack foods, and served as a popular street food in India, Bangladesh and Nepal. It is usually made by heating rice kernels under high pressure in the presence of steam, though the method of manufacture varies widely. It is widely consumed in countries like India
Why to start a Puffed rice manufacturing Business?
- This business has high potential in India.
- So, there is Less competition in this business in the local market.
- Take small space to operate.
- Easily manageable.
- Less manpower required
Boosting Puffed rice manufacturing Industry Business and Other Small Businesses. MSME Ministry is increasing aid to Puffed rice manufacturing Industry business and other small and medium scale businesses in India.
The government of India has also moved further in this regard to encourage various small sectors and private sectors by launching several schemes such as:
MUDRA Scheme – Under this scheme, the agency was set up to refinance and develop micro units across the country. It extends funding to the non-corporate small business sector.
Aatmnirbhar Bharat Scheme – Free collateral loans to MSMEs and other stressed sectors.
Coir Vikas Yojna – It encourages various activities like still development, up-gradation, and modernization of industries, promoting domestic as well as an export market.
National Manufacturing Competitiveness Program – It facilitates technology up-gradation by providing a 15% upfront capital subsidy.
Entrepreneurship and skill development program – Organized to nourish the expertise of youth by enlightening them on numerous aspects of industrial exercise needed for setting up small industries.
Marketing promotion schemes – to develop domestic markets and promotion of new market access initiatives.
Raw Materials & Requirements
- Major Raw material Rice, Gram (Chana), Maize, Ground nuts.
Land & Building Required for Kurkure Making Business
- Land required 300 – 500 Square Feet (approx.)
- Approximate rent for the same is Rs 5000 – 6000 per Month.
- 3-4 Manpower- Required for the Puffed rice manufacturing business.
- 1-2 Skilled labour
- 3 Unskilled labour
Investment in the Puffed rice manufacturing Business
|SL No.||Name of Particulars||Amount (Rs)|
|1.||Rent for space (300 sqft)||10,000 (Optional)|
|2.||Fully Automatic Murmure Making Machine (200 Kg/hr)||1,69,300|
|5.||Raw material (Rice, Salt, Chana, Corn)||50,000|
|6||LPG Cylinder/ woodLPG Consume = 4 kg per hourWood = 28 kg-30kg||10,000|
|7.||Advertising & Promotion||10,000/-|
|8.||Electric Vehicle (E-riksha loader) & Weighing machine||1,50,000|
Total Investment Required = 5,50,000/- (Approximately)
PLANT & MACHINERY for Puffed rice manufacturing
|1.||Iron body Murmure Making Machine with sieve (200 Kg/hr)Heavy(T-6.5mm)= Rs 75,000Medium (T-4.5mm)=Rs 65,000Lite (T-3.5 mm) =Rs 55,000Semi Lite (T-2.5mm)=Rs 45,000 Steel Body Murmure Making Machine with sieve (T – 3.5mm)Price= Rs 85,000||1||75,000|
|2.||Drier Machine (T-3.5mm)Capacity (200kg/hr)||1||40,000|
|3.||Sealing packing filling machine||2||15,000/-|
|Total Machine Amount||1,69,300|
Machine Used in Puffed rice manufacturing business
There are some machine which is used in the Puffed rice manufacturing business which is given below:
- Paddy Destoner- This machine is used to remove the pebbles mixed in the paddy. All the impurities of paddy are removed by this machine.
- Puffing Machine- It is used to prepare puffed rice.
- Rice Storage Silo- Rice is stored and kept inside this machine.
- Measuring and weighing machine- With this machine the puffed rice is weighed and packed in packets.
- Packaging Machine- This machine is connected to the weighing machine whose job is to seal the packet.
But, nowadays there are various automatic machine available, which you can buy but it is little bit costly.
- Rice is first cleaned to remove stones and husk.
- It is then soaked in brine solution and dried. On drying it is fed into the puffing machine from where the 2 puffed products is obtained. It is cooled and packed immediately to prevent moisture absorption.
- A traditional puffed rice called muri is made by heating rice in a sand-filled oven. Muri is to rice as popcorn is to corn.
- The processing involved makes rice less perishable. Mandakki is a staple food in many parts of Rayalaseema, North Karnataka, Odisha, Tripura, West Bengal and Bangladesh. Jhalmuri or Masalemandakki is a very popular preparation made from mandakki (muri).
- Puffed rice is formed by the reaction of both starch and moisture when heated within the shell of the grain. Unlike popcorn, rice kernels are naturally lacking in moisture and must first be conditioned with steam. Puffed rice can be created by heating the steam-conditioned kernels either with oil or in an oven.
- Rice puffed in this way is crisp, and known as “crisped rice”. Oven-crisped rice is used to produce the Rice Krispies breakfast cereal as well as the crisped rice used in Lion Bars, Nestlé Crunch, Krackel, and similar chocolate bars. Though not as dramatic a change when compared to popcorn, the process and end result are the same.
- Another method of puffing rice is “gun puffing”, where the grain is conditioned to the correct level of moisture and pressurized to around 200 psi (1,400 kPa). When the pressure is suddenly released, the pressure stored inside the kernel causes it to puff out.
- This method produces a puffed rice which is spongy in texture. Rice can also be puffed by making a rice dough, and extruding small pellets which are then rapidly heated. The moisture in the dough flash boils and puffs the rice up.
License & registration for Puffed rice manufacturing Business
- Obtain the GST registration.
- Fire/ Pollution Registration as required.
- Choice of a Brand Name of the product and secure the name with Trademark if required.
- FSSAI license is optional for smooth functioning of Puffed rice manufacturing business in India.
- Adhar card, Pan card & address Proof
- MSME License
- GST Registration
- Shop & establishment License
- Trade Mark (If Required)
- NOC (State Pollution Control Board) (If required)
Profits & Margin from Puffed rice manufacturing Business
As far as profit is concerned in Puffed rice manufacturing Business, the profit margin in this business is very high as it is a hot selling product. puffed rice is sold at double the rate in the market compared to the total cost. If seen, the price of paddy is Rs 14 to 17 per kg and the cost of making 1 kg of murmura comes to about Rs 5, whereas in the market, murmura is easily sold for Rs 35 to 40 per kg. In this way the retail profit margin is almost double in this business, but you can sell it in the market by taking profit of Rs 5 per kg in wholesale. So you can calculate the profit according to your cost, just need hard work. And to work diligently.
Muri or puffed rice is packed in 1 kg, 2 kg, 5 kg polythene packets and packed in big bags(sacs) of 20 to 30 kg, you cannot fill it more than this because it is light in weight and takes more space. After this, your brand name and price are printed on the top of the packet. And now that will be ready to sell in the market.
How to do marketing of your Puffed rice manufacturing Business?
Puffed rice or kurmura or murmura or muri is a product which is available in every corner of the India. Puffed rice is available everywhere, ranging from roadside tea vendors, small retail shops, and supermarkets to college canteens. So, tie-ups with local vendor, retailer or kirana stores, Distributor, Sell Online (Amazon/flipkart), Sell Online B2B platform (Tradeindia, Indiamart etc). who can help in spreading and expanding the Puffed rice manufacturing business.