Camphor is a product that is manufactured, sold, and procured worldwide. It is a product with a wider range in the present market. Scientifically known as Cinnamomum Camphora, Camphor (Kapoor in Hindi) is a flammable translucent white solid which has a sour taste and a piquant smell. Some people also like it and consider the smell of the Camphor as nose tingling fragrance or menthol-like smell. The Camphor is an item liked and used by people nationally and is acquired from the bark of the tree Cinnamomum camphora. This blog will help you explore all the aspects of the camphor manufacturing business.
Business Idea behind Camphor Manufacturing Business
- Aiming to invest in a business idea and establish it successfully remains to be the toughest decision of all times.
- But, with a well-structured business plan, the right analysis of the target market, accurate financial investment ideas, etc., the right business idea can be chosen easily.
- Camphor Manufacturing Business is one such business idea that can generate significant profit for you.
- India is a country formed of people who have faith in God and its existence. They always preach their god/goddess with everything they have in their hearts.
- Camphor being the most basic and essential required product while praying or doing aarti, is a commodity that has maintained its growing demand in the market since its existence.
- Due to the high demand and effective supply of the Camphor, choosing to invest in the Camphor Manufacturing Business will definitely lead you to taste immense success.
A Critical Analysis
- As stated in the paragraph given above, Camphor (Kapoor) is a product that has an extensive reach and is sold massively. But, in addition to this, Camphor also has a lot of health benefits and other related benefits.
- This is also one reason behind the existing as well as the increasing popularity of Camphor in the market. Investing in setting up a business that has a great scope of growth is always a good choice.
- Hence, taking up to set up a Camphor Manufacturing Business will be a suitable choice for both budding entrepreneurs and small-scale businessman.
Understanding the Byproducts of Camphor
Camphor is a product that is majorly manufactured in three forms. It has several byproducts and majorly used by people.
These three byproducts of Camphor are explained below:-
- It is a transparent and white substance that is in a powdered form. This powder has a very pleasingly aromatic fragrance with a pungent taste. This is made from the wood and the bark of the camphor trees.
- Camphor powder is used as a mosquito repellent, room freshener, and also as other insects repellent.
- Camphor powder is also used in the hawan samagri as the main ingredient.
- This is one of the majorly sold and procured byproduct of the Camphor. A camphor tablet is majorly used by the Indians while offering prayers to God and goddess.
- The camphor tablet is considered as a popular commodity in offering prayers as it considered a pure item for praying. Camphor tablet, while used for praying, also lessens the negativity.
- This is also recognized as an important byproduct of camphor. Camphor oil has a widened range of demand and supply worldwide.
- The camphor oil is used for religious purposes, but it is also used in the healthcare and medical sectors.
- Camphor oil is used to treat various skin related problems as well as hair loss issues.
Machinery and Equipment
Intending to set up the Camphor Manufacturing Business, you are required to procure the Camphor Manufacturing Machine.
- Nowadays, there are numerous manufacturers who are making fully automated machines for Camphor manufacturing.
- In the camphor manufacturing machine, there is a slot designed where the camphor powder is poured.
- The manufacturing machine finally delivers the products in the form of camphor tablets or camphor cups.
- The Camphor manufacturing machines provide its user with the comfort of selecting the size of the camphor tablets.
The size of the camphor tablet the machine offers come in these:-
Note: -You can adjust the size of the dye that is used while manufacturing the camphor tablets. The suitable size can be selected on the basis of the requirement or the orders you receive.
Price of Camphor Machine
- To manufacture quality camphor tablets, you must purchase a good camphor manufacturing machine.
- A camphor manufacturing machine ranges between ₹55,000 to over ₹1 Lakh.
- Additionally, the price of the manufacturing machine you choose to buy depends on the number of tablets it can manufacture in one go and also on its capacity.
Benefits of Using Camphor Oil
The reason behind the existing and increasing demand for Camphor is the interesting benefits this product offers. Let us now understand how the benefits of camphor oil can inspire budding entrepreneurs to invest in the Camphor Manufacturing Business.
Reduces Skin Rashes
- With the changing time and lifestyle of people, skin problems have been common these days. Skin problems such as- redness, itching, burning, etc., are a few of such problems.
- Camphor is used to treat all these problems and can be a helpful commodity to get rid of the redness, rashes, itching etc.
- All one needs to do is just dissolve the camphor oil in water and apply the lotion on the face for a couple of days.
Prompts Good Sleep
- If your sleeping cycle is disturbed and you crave to take a good sleep, then you must try camphor oil for that.
- Rubbing a few drops of the camphor oil can help you get a good sleep and stay energetic for the entire day.
Camphor is a product that is used to medicate cold. It is also helpful in curing throat congestion. Rubbing the camphor oil on the head and the throat can help you treat both problems.
Improves Hair Growth
- Hair loss is a big problem that has become extremely usual in the present time. But, to avoid or even stop hair loss, using camphor oil can prove really helpful.
- The camphor oil is just to be mixed with your regular oil and applied daily on the scalp.
Licenses and Registrations
To establish a business, attaining certain registrations and licenses is a compulsion. Different kinds of business demand different licenses and registrations.
Shampoo is a cosmetic product, and to establish a shampoo manufacturing business, obtaining specific licenses is a must.
You may start the small to medium Business either a Proprietorship or Partnership Firm.
If you are starting this Business as One Person Company, then you have to register your firm as a proprietorship.
For Partnership operation, you have to register as a limited liability partnership (LLP) or Pvt. Ltd. Company with
Registrar of Companies (ROC).
it is mandatory to get the GST number to run the business; you need to apply for the GST registration.
obtain trade license from local authorities
this MSME/SSI Registration will help you to get schemes and facility for the business offers by the state government
BIS has mentioned the specific quality standard for Business. ISI specification for the
you can secure your brand with trademark registration
IEC code is essential for the export of the product
state insurance which is an insurance scheme for workers.
Employees provident fund is compulsory for the business where more than 20 employees are working.
To comply with the above processes and registration, one might need any legal expert who would help in absolute legal compliance to meet industrial standards.
Raw Material used in Camphor Manufacturing Business
If you are aiming to manufacture the camphor tablets, you are required to procure the most essential ingredient, i.e. Camphor powder.
- Camphor powder is efficiently available in most of the markets in India.
- In addition to this, the camphor powder is currently available in the market for ₹900/Kg (wholesale price).
- Depending on the city and state, the price of the camphor powder can also vary.
- For instance- Camphor powder is also sold for ₹700/Kg in some of the areas in the country.
- You can also surf the internet to create a list of the dealers, wholesalers, retailers, and suppliers.
Formula of Camphor Making
- Camphor is an ingredient which is used in the industrial, medical, cultural, and traditional sector.
- Camphor is used for making turpentine for the industrial sector.
- Generally, this is a soluble product with a pungent smell.
Its chemical formula is:-
C10H16O (Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen based ingredient)
Camphor Manufacturing Process
- To set up the Camphor Manufacturing Business at home, acquiring the space equal to a big room would be sufficient.
- The manufacturing machine used in the camphor manufacturing process is small in size and light in weight.
- This machine can be easily installed on the top of any table.
- Additionally, if you choose to begin with manufacturing small-sized camphor tablets, then you can avoid buying an expensive machine.
- Now, once are done with installing the machine, you must ensure that the machine is firmly gripped to the base of the table used.
- Because the machine is attached to the external motor, it is advisable to take precautionary measures to absorb the vibration.
- Also, as you are setting up the Camphor Manufacturing Business at your home, you need to acquire a suitable space with an active electric socket connection.
- Once the entire set up is complete; you can begin to start with the camphor manufacturing business.
Camphor Tablet Manufacturing- Stepwise Guide
To manufacture the camphor tablets, follow the steps given below:-
- Heat the camphor powder so that it loses all its moisturizer.
- Now, fill in the camphor powder in the machine in accordance with the capacity of the hopper.
- Switch on the motor and wait for the camphor powder to fill in the cast dye.
- You have to stuff the camphor powder in the machine to its capacity inside the hopper. After this, you have to switch the motor on.
- Since the camphor manufacturing machine is fully automatic, it will mould the powder in the form of solid tablets, which are known as Camphor tablets.
- Due to the manufacturing machine being fully automatic, the time is taken to manufacture camphor tablets out of the camphor powder is not much.
- This is the reason that you can easily manufacture nearly 100 camphor tablets in a day.
- The manufactured camphor tablets are now ready to be packed and dispatched.
Packaging Process of Camphor Tablets
The packaging of any product must display the following information:-
- The composition (ingredients used)
- The manufacturing date
- The expiry date
- Name of your brand
- While packing the camphor tablets, you are required to segregate the tablets on the basis of their size. Usually, a small camphor tablet packet consists of 5 tablets.
- This quantity can also lead to 25 camphor tablets in one packet.
Marketing Strategy for Camphor Manufacturing Business
- Camphor is a product that has a massive range of manufacturing, buying and selling in India.
- Camphor is mainly manufactured in three forms- Camphor tablets, Camphor Oil, and Camphor powder.
- The camphor tablets are majorly used in religious activities and are also a main part of the hawan samagri.
- The camphor oil is used for various health and skin problem-related benefits.
- The camphor powder is used to medicate cold sores, body pain, haemorrhoids and warts.
- Also, the camphor byproducts can be sold easily in the market, shops situated near the local temples, to the wholesalers, to the pharmacies, etc.
Investment for Camphor Manufacturing Business
- The Camphor Manufacturing Business can be established in nominal finance or moderate investment. But, this investment also depends on various aspects of setting up the business.
- Initially, you can set up the machinery and equipment ranging in between ₹55,000 to over ₹1 Lakh.
- Along with this, the other tools, raw materials, etc., will cost you between ₹10,000 to ₹30,000.
- Hence, with an investment of ₹3 lakh, the Camphor Manufacturing Business can be established.
Generally known as Kapoor, Camphor is a product with a wider range in the existing market. It is a commodity that has its demand in various sectors such as the healthcare and cultural sector. Camphor tablet is also majorly used for offering prayers and hawans. Camphor byproducts are also used extensively in the market. Since Camphor has an extensive range and a massive demand and supply in the existing market, establishing the Camphor Manufacturing Business will be the best decision a budding entrepreneur can make.