The extensive use of Aloe Vera gel has expanded the potential for Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business. Broadly used for its restorative and healing properties, Aloe Vera belongs to the Liliaceae family and has thick green leaves. These leaves contain latex and gel. The Aloe Vera gel consists mainly of water, and the remaining portion is formed of sugars, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids, minerals, and hormones.
Out of these elements, most are found in the human body. The leaves of the Aloe Vera plant release a clear gel, and this gel can be used by breaking it off from the Aloe Vera plant.
This gel can be applied fully to cure wounds and smoothen the skin. The Aloe Vera Gel is a product prepared from the Aloe Vera plant itself. Aloe Vera Gel can be used as a great medicine for any kind of external use like- allergic reactions, sunburn, skin diseases, inflammatory conditions, and it can also be used as a pain killer.
The Aloe Vera gel has several medicinal values which can build a good business value. Aloe vera gel is also greatly used in these industries- pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and food. It is even used in toiletries. Aloe Vera gel has both industrial and consumer demand.
Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business
Aloe Vera is amongst the most important medicinal plants. It grows widely throughout India. Numerous value-added products can be made out of Aloe Vera, and these products have great market potential.
Through this article, let us now understand the idea behind choosing “Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business.”
- Regarded as one of the most profit-earning businesses in the herbal industry, Aloe Vera has constantly maintained a great demand in both export and local potential in the products made out of Aloe Vera.
- Because of the potential of providing remediation, Aloe Vera is also referred to as “the miracle plant”.
- The Aloe Vera plant is a medicinal plant with natural healing properties and is grown worldwide.
- Since the Aloe Vera plant has numerous medicinal properties, choosing to start its manufacturing business can be a great profit-earning business.
- Cultivating and growing Aloe Vera requires very nominal care and growing habitat. It can be easily cultivated in all kinds of soils with a small amount of irrigation.
- The two most important and crucial requirements to begin with the Aloe Vera Manufacturing business are to consider the climatic condition and the quality of the soil.
- You should only start this business once these two conditions are satisfied. The Aloe Vera can be used as both, it can be applied on the skin (externally), and it can be consumed as a juice (internally) also.
- The viscous gel present inside the thick leaves of the plant has an abundant amount of minerals and is filled with sufficient water (95%).
Nutrients of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is composed of the following:-
- Salicylic acids
- Amino acids
- Antioxidants (Vitamins- vitamins A, C, and E)
- Vitamin B12
- Folic acid
How to Commence Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business
- Securing the Suitable Land– Cultivation of Aloe Vera is easily manageable, and hence it can be grown easily. The land or the field for Aloe Vera farming should meet the standard requirements of farming.
These requirements include- sufficient sunlight, soil fertility, suitable weather conditions, and a well-maintained irrigation facility.
Note: – Neither too much nor too little sunlight should be present for Aloe Vera farming. Rather, a balanced temperature of less rainfall and sunlight should be maintained.
- Feasibility Study of the Cultivation Process– While rearing the Aloe Vera plant, taking care of a few steps is very crucial.
- Climatic Conditions– Aloe Vera grows in a hot and humid environment, but the plant is vulnerable to frosting.
- Rainfall– For the good and effective growth of the Aloe Vera plant, 80 cm of rainfall is required annually.
- Soil Quality– Though the Aloe Vera can grow in any type of soil, it is preferred to used sandy soil for growing Aloe Vera for commercial purposes. The right amount of soil draining should be adopted.
- Aloe Vera– It is a succulent plant and falls under the category of short-stemmed shrubs. It has more than 500 species of flowering plants.
Note: – The land you choose for Aloe Vera farming must consist of the basic required elements mentioned.
- Farming Process– Either Aloe Vera saplings or root suckers must be implanted in the cropland. For planting, 5000 seedlings for commercial purposes, near around on care of farmland will be acquired.
- Prepare the Ground– To slacken the soil for planting, plow your farmland. Remove all the weeds from your land. Engulf the land with organic matter like compost and farmyard manure. Also, ensure to keep the soil a little acidic.
- The Spacing of the Plant– To shelter 5000 saplings, about 30×30 inches spacing is required between the rows. Almost two years are needed for the plant to become mature and ready for harvest.
- Harvesting– The Aloe Vera crop becomes ready for harvesting from the second year of its plantation. Relatively, only three leaves can be cut per plant. By this, each plant can be harvested with fully grown leaves.
Aloe Vera Plant Marketing Strategy
The small-scale farmers who cannot maintain processing units can sell their leaves directly to cosmetic industries, pharmaceutical companies, etc.
- The Aloe Vera leaves are fleshy and thick.
- They can be either of green or greyish color.
- Aloe Vera has been maintaining its soaring demand and that is the reason that companies or agencies buy the Aloe Vera leaves for their export.
- Small-scale farmers can sell the Aloe Vera leaves/plant directly to the customers by using online platforms (various websites).
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel is the most vital product that can be made out of the Aloe Vera leaves. Followed are the benefits of Aloe Vera:-
- Aloe Vera consists of healthful plant compounds
- It has several nutrients, vitamins, and oxidants
- It is useful for skin clearing purpose
- Aloe Vera reduces dental plaque
- It helps in treating sunburns
- Aloe Vera helps in reducing constipation
- It helps in making digestion better
- The processing of the Aloe Vera juice should be done right after the harvesting (within 36 hours). Due to the putrescible nature of the Aloe Vera gel, the aloe leaves should be processed at the earliest.
- To avoid degradation, the juice should be stored properly. If the Aloe Vera juice is not stored suitably, it will degrade because of the microbial and enzymatic activity in less time.
Licensing and Registration for Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business
To set up your own Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business, you need to acquire several licenses and registrations from the government. In addition to this, if you are also looking forward to producing cosmetic products, then you need to apply for other specific licensees.
You may start the small to medium Business either a Proprietorship or Partnership Firm.
If you are starting this Business as One Person Company, then you have to register your firm as a proprietorship.
For Partnership operation, you have to register as a limited liability partnership (LLP) or Pvt. Ltd. Company with
Registrar of Companies (ROC).
it is mandatory to get the GST number to run the business; you need to apply for the GST registration.
obtain trade license from local authorities
this MSME/SSI Registration will help you to get schemes and facility for the business offers by the state government
BIS has mentioned the specific quality standard for Business. ISI specification for the
you can secure your brand with trademark registration
IEC code is essential for the export of the product
state insurance which is an insurance scheme for workers.
Employees provident fund is compulsory for the business where more than 20 employees are working.
To comply with the above processes and registration, one might need any legal expert who would help in absolute legal compliance to meet industrial standards.
Aloe Vera and Aloe Vera Gel have a soaring demand in the market. The Aloe Vera products are majorly sold as they serve numerous purposes. Aloe Vera is used in various industries like- pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food, toiletries, etc. Doing the Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Business can help you earn a big profit as it maintains a great demand amongst everyone.