Food truck Business usually operates cooking and selling in very small areas. There is no doubt that the food truck business is growing at the rate of 9 percent every year. Apart from this, this business has only started recently in India, so there is less competition in the market at this time. Due to which you can run your food truck business easily. How to start Food Truck Business? Food Truck Business Cost, Food Truck Business Profit. Is it profitable to start Food Truck Business? Should I start Food Truck Business? How much I can earn with Food Truck Business?
Food Truck Business Benefit
Should I start Food Truck Business?
- This business is recently started in India. So, there is less competition in this business.
- Take small space to operate.
- Easily manageable
- Less manpower required
Food Truck Business Cost, Investment, fees
If you want to start Food Truck Business Plan then you have to invest approx 5 lakh to 10 lakh depends on the nature of food you’ll serve from your food truck. Bifurcate investment are given below:
- A Commercial vehicle cost : Rs 2 lakh – 10 lakh.
- Fabrication (bodybuilder shop)= 1 Lakh.
- The total cost of kitchen equipment, Chairs & tables = Rs 2 lakhs.
- Raw material for 2 week: Rs 30,000.(It may vary).
- License & Permits cost: Rs 50,000.
- Menu Displayed, Uniform Dress, Water & 2 Dustbin cost = Rs 10,000.
- Pump It Up Franchise In USA Cost, Profit, How to Apply, Requirement, Investment, Review | SkillsAndTech
- RedBox Franchise In India Cost, Profit, How to Apply, Requirement, Investment, Review | SkillsAndTech
- RedBox Franchise In USA Cost, Profit, How to Apply, Requirement, Investment, Review | SkillsAndTech
- Bikanervala Franchise In India Cost, Profit, How to Apply, Requirement, Investment, Review | SkillsAndTech
- Bahama Buck’s Franchise In USA Cost, Profit, How to Apply, Requirement, Investment, Review | SkillsAndTech
Food Truck Business Requirements
You should keep some important things in mind while starting the Food Truck Business. These are discussed in detailed as below.
- Choosing the right Food Truck or Commercial Vehicle
- Choose your vehicle of any company Tata, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland etc
- 2nd hand Vehicle
- If you buying 2nd hand or old commercial then you have to check
- Proper fitness certificate.
- Road tax receipt
- Vehicle age not less than 10 years
- Choose the Right location for your Food Truck
- Choose a street that doesn’t have too many similar food vendors around
- Regular flow of traffic for inviting large footfalls.
- Establishments with young professionals and students in the surrounding area.
Kitchen For Food Truck Business
Get the kitchen equipment and raw materials required in a food truck
Microwave, juicer mixer, freezer, refrigerators, stoves, griller, steamer, working tables, one/two burner, exhaust equipment, Cooking equipment, food raw materials(depends on your food truck menu)generator or big batteries with an inverter.
Food Truck Business License
Apply for licenses and permits needed to start a food truck business in India
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Shop and Establishment License
- NOC from RTO
- NOC from Municipal Corporation
- FSSAI Mobile Vendor’s License
- Kitchen Insurance
- Look for the workforce required to run the food truck smoothly
Food Truck Business Staff for Food Truck Business
Manpower Required For Your Food Truck
- Two Chef
- One Helper
- Delivery Boy (For Home delivery)
Food Truck Business Software
Install POS software for your food truck
POS Software For Your Food Truck:
It is always advisable to have good point of sale which can keep your data safe and give detailed information about your inventory and sales.
Food Truck Business Staff Uniform
Decide on the staff uniform for your food truck employees
Staff Uniform For Your Food Truck Employees:
The staff uniform gives an overall brand feel to the restaurant business which will in return help you gain more trust among the customer. The combined cost of all the uniforms would not be more than Rs 6000-7000.
Food Truck Business Marketing
Market your business
How To Do Marketing Of Your Food Truck Business?
Tie-ups with event planners, personal contacts with customers, and free goodies like t-shirts and mugs carrying the food truck logo, can go a long way in spreading and expanding the restaurant business.
Marketing is a key of success of any business. So, good marketing and promotions will decide the success of your business. You can promote your food truck business plan, both online and offline.
- Build your own brand, website/ App.
- Tie up with online food delivery like swiggy, zomato etc.
- You can run online ads in social media like Instagram, Facebook, google etc.
- Get food reviewers and bloggers to your truck
- Distribute pamphlets, and use printed posters cut-outs & advertisements.
- Tie-ups with event planners, personal contacts with customers.
- Local Newspaper
- You can advertise you food truck business plan in a toto(e-rickshaw) for a day.
- Decide on the total investment required to start a food truck business in India
Food Truck Business Profit, Margin, ROI
To build a decent food truck, you will have to spend at least 1 lakh, apart from the cost of buying a vehicle separately. On the other hand, if you buy a ready made food truck, you may have to incur an expenditure of Rs 3 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
Other miscellaneous things required to keep your food truck business in India, on the mark
Salary Chef (1 Nos)= 13,000/-
Worker = 8000
Delivery boy= 6000
Total : 27,000
Raw Material (Flexible) 50,000
Water, other miscellaneous 10,000
Where to buy food truck in India ?
If you want to buy Food truck online then you can visit https://dir.indiamart.com/ and www.customconcessionsusa.com to buy your favorite Food truck. But, you can also design the food truck yourself, but for that you will have to buy each equipment separately. However, you can get these equipment both online and offline. And let me clear one thing that you can also buy these truck offline or design by yourself.
Other Things Required To Start A Food Truck Business In India:
Apart from the things mentioned above, while starting the food truck, you require things like two mobile phones, a calculator, an attendance register, a daily book, 2-3 big dustbins to keep the area clean, etc.
Apart from the regular business which has a minimum Rs 8000-9000 sales per day, a food truck can also make money from various events and catering. A single event or catering can generate earnings up to Rs 30,000 in a day.
Unlike other food business formats, the food truck business has its pros and cons, such as the location which is a problem for other formats but here the owner of the food truck can decide the site based on the market information and research, with no rent to be paid, no electricity bills, less capital required and low operational costs.
Food Truck Business Plan:
- Your vehicle should be maintained properly.
- Quality and taste of your food must be good.
- Hire best chef for your food truck business according to your menu category and Train them in good manner.
- Business owners must be very mindful of kitchen hygiene, air pollution levels, and food waste management.
Checklist of health and hygiene pointers:
- Make use of chimneys to control air pollution.
- Conduct a check on the food waste twice a day and keep the cooking area clean.
- Ensure that your staff maintains good sanitation.
- Keep a few dustbins near the food truck.
Keep in mind that the management of food truck business must be great.
Initially, don’t invest more amount in advertisement use low marketing skill.
So far we have shared the basics of franchise overview for this Franchise. It is the most profitable franchise. You will never doubt your decision to start this franchise. Go ahead and achieve your goal. If you find more information please feel free to share with us. Share your thoughts and we will definitely contact you with new franchise and opportunities. Stay Tuned for more franchise. Thank you