FSSAI registration in Delhi
Food licensing with FSSAI is very critical to your catering business. The guidelines for registration are fairly complex and in order to avoid a similar fate like Nestle India debacle, the registration process needs to be done extremely carefully. You can follow the following steps to get an FSSAI food license in Delhi:
1. Complete our simple questionnaire.
2. We will provide consultation on whether you are eligible for Registration, State License or Central License.
3. Provide all necessary documents.
4. We create your Application and file it with FSSAI Authority.
Licensing and registration of food business
No person shall commence or carry on any food business except under a license with an exception of a tiny food business operator, but they shall register themselves with food authority. Hence FSSAI food license in Delhi is crucial for ensuring smooth operations.
FSSAI license is basically a 14- Digit registration number which is printed on food packages.
Based on Annual Turnover an FBO has to either apply for simple registration in FORM A with FSSAI or apply for a License given by FSSAI in FORM B.
|Below 12 Lakhs||Registration FORM A|
|12 – 20 Lakhs||State License FORM B|
|Above 20 Lakhs||Central License FORM B|
Who requires an FSSAI food license in Delhi?
Every Food Business Operator (FBO) is expected to be licensed/registered under the FSSAI. FSSAI food license in Delhi is needed by small businesses like hawkers, petty retailers, etc whose annual turnover is less than Rs.12 lakhs per year. All food businesses exceeding this annual turnover limit of Rs 12 lakhs and have annual turnover more than Rs.20 crores per year require an FSSAI License (State and central Licence).
If your business falls in any 1 of the below-listed categories, then a food license is compulsory for you.
- Procurement, Manufacture, Distribution, Processing, Packaging, and Storage
- Hotels, Restaurants
- Food chains, Food sellers and resellers
- Dairy and dairy processing
- Food importers and exporters
- Processors like pickle and dry fruit maker
- Raw material suppliers to food businesses
- Retailers & establishments who have a retail outlet
- Simple transporters who transport items from one place to another
- Canteens in corporations, schools, colleges, hospitals or government institutions
Storage units and warehouses need a food safety registration instead of a production license.
Types of FSSAI License provided in Delhi
According to the FSSAI Act, 2006 all food businesses are expected to be registered/licensed:
Basic FSSAI registration:
This is the primary kind of food license and it is issued by the regulatory body FSSAI.
- Small businesses sized in turnover less thanRs.12 Lakh INR.
- FBO is at the budding stage like a dairy with a capacity of less than 500 ltr/day.
- Trades like tea shops, canteens, food processors and small warehouses ideally require this license. It can be enhanced when the business starts to grow in size and profit.
- Companies that have a profit higher than Rs.12 lakhs and less than Rs.20 Crores INR require the state license. Some examples are:
- Dairies with a capacity of over 50,000 liters/day
- Hotels with a 3-star rating and above
- An exception here is the catering business. Irrespective of their turnover, they have to apply for a state license and not a basic FSSAI license.
Central FSSAI License:
- The above to licenses were for small and mid-sized trades. The central registration is for bigger businesses. It is issued to:
- Companies that supply food to government offices and departments.
- Trades that have a turnover of over Rs. 20 Crores.
- Food import and export commerce
Documents required for obtaining FSSAI food license in Delhi
- Completed and signed form B or form A
- FBO photo identity
- Address Proof of possession of premises such as Rental Agreement
- Import/export code
- Certificate of Incorporation/ Partnership deed/AoA etc.
- List of food products and food categories that would be dealt with.
- Plan of Food safety management system.
Benefits of obtaining FSSAI license in Delhi
- Consumers are becoming more informed of the quality of the food which they eat, thanks to the digitization. Having a valid FSSAI license assists businesses in improving their credibility.
- The FSSAI logo is universally recognized and hence it can assure goodwill among consumers.
- Streamlines all the processes associated with manufacturing to distribution and sale of the food products.
- The major aspects of hygiene and cleanliness are set and followed when FSSAI registration is involved.
- FSSAI license gives a platform to create quality food products that are on par with international food standards.
- FSSAI registration positively impacts the dependability and production of the company, thus giving it a huge opportunity to increase and grow.
- FSSAI license is important for exporting food products to other countries.
FSSAI Licence Validity
FSSAI food license in Delhi validity time depends on you, for how many years you have issued the FSSAI License. The validity time stays between 1 – 5 years and it relies on the number of years which is selected by the food administrator. The cost of the permit anyway increments with the number of years which he/she has connected for. According to the FSSAI rules, the FBO needs to apply for the renewal of the license in 30 days and it should be done before its expiry.
Non-compliance with FSSAI regulations
In the Delhi fssai licensing process the non-compliance with the FSSAI regulations can prove to be costly. Production and distribution of food products without the FSSAI registration or license will provoke a severe penalty and may cause risk to your brand reputation in Delhi markets.
Food inspections will be led by Food Safety Officers and compliance levels will be given for the food business. Compliance will be graded as below –
- Partial Compliance
- Not Applicable/ Not Observed (NA)
Following the above markings, the Food Safety Officer might issue an improvement notice. The officer may cancel the license if the standards are not kept even after warnings.
In addition to this, if the FBO is not filled with the Food Safety Officer’s improvement notice, they can request to the State Commissioner of Food Safety. Their decisions can also put to a challenge by an appeal towards Food Safety Appellate Tribunal / High Court.
FSSAI State License and FSSAI Central License are issued to food businesses based on their size whether it is a medium scale or large-scale. Usually, big manufacturers, exporters, importers, etc get Central Licence while mid-size entities like transporters, traders, etc require State Licence.