Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business..???? Is this a good business idea to embrace?? Would I be benefitted?? Would the business grow?? Is Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business even in demand??
Don’t we think and analyze such scenarios before starting a business? Don’t we worry about choosing, establishing, and financing a business?
We do. But, what if we take you to through the in-depth analysis of the Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business, highlighting the following:-
This detailed article will take you on a smooth journey covering all the topics mentioned above, answering all your queries, and helping you choose the business in demand Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business.
Let us now quickly begin with our smooth journey to understand this business.
Being highly rich in nutrition, cereals come in several varieties with different nutrient value. Some of the cereals are rich in minerals, vitamins, while others are rich in iron and proteins. Because of the easy availability of cereals throughout the year, it is often recognized as a staple food.
Corn flakes are also considered as one of the most popular breakfasts as people now have started giving priority to their health and the diet they consume. Corn flakes are also considered as one of the most popular breakfasts as people now have started giving priority to their health and the diet they consume.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic affected the world with its threatening life taking possibilities. This is a major reason that made people keep a proper check on their diet as well as on the nutrients, multivitamins, and vitamins intake.
The Idea behind Choosing Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business
These days, people have also become much conscious about their health. These days, people have also become much conscious about their health. Considered a light and healthy breakfast, corn flakes are mainly consumed with milk, dry fruits, and fruits.
If you stay in an area that is rich in the production of maize or corn, then Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business can be a great business for you to build your career as an independent entrepreneur.
Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business can be well-established in both developing and developed countries. This business does not require a vast area and can also be set-up easily.
The Objective of this Business
The motive of this business is listed below:-
- Production of instant or ready-to-eat cornflakes.
- Conservation of corn and maize products.
- Exporting the final product and its by-products like- the broken corn flakes or broken corns.
- Maize is the third most common and important food crop grown in India. In the national food basket, maize nearly contributes 9% of the production. Additionally, it is also seen that with the rising production of Maize in the country, there is a significant increase in its demand. Corn is the main raw material and should be produced during the harvesting period.
- Maize is a crop with an extensive range from corn flakes to cattle feed. Maize Vermicelli, Starch, Snacks, and Flakes are a few products prepared from maize.
- Just like in India, Corn flakes are very popular in other countries also. The reason that corn flakes are loved and majorly accepted by children is that it comes in various flavors and are also enriched with vitamins.
- The packaging materials should also be produced as they play a vital role in various segments like- shell life, for looks, etc.
- Moisture-proof and attractive packaging material will help you in finishing your corn manufacturing properly as well as in preserving and storing the product safely.
Marketing Strategy for Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business
- Although there are numerous types of cereals available in the market, you can always invest in starting your Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business. You need to understand that your product should have crispy nature, good taste, and blend flavor.
- Setting up a Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business is a profit-earning business as the demand for crispy and crunchy corn flakes is increasing rapidly.
- Moreover, these days’ people look for a healthy diet, and starting a Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business in such a demanding time can be a great choice.
- Establishing the Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business can be a great initiative as it will make your product reach out to all the urban households.
- Presently, brands like Kellogg’s hold a good position in the market selling cornflakes to the majority of the population. But, its selling price of corn flakes is not nominal and is a little expensive for middle-class customers.
- Because of no cooking requirements and ready-to-eat nature, the corn flakes are sold majorly worldwide. One of the principal reasons behind the extensive demand and supply of corn flakes is the changing lifestyle of people.
- With less time and more work, the eating habits of people seemed to have changed, and this is the reason behind the popularity of corn flakes. Keeping all this in mind, you can start your Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business.
- Before initiating to start any business, you must prepare a business plan. The Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business includes various essential aspects like- vision, objective, mission, summary, investment, business model, and marketing strategy.
- A business plan is an effective tool for setting up a business. In addition to this, a business plan helps you in starting your business properly. Identify the kind of product that is widespread in your target market.
- Look for the promotion techniques of your product.
The Product and its Uses-
- Corn flakes are considered nutritious.
- They are consumed with milk, fruits, or dry fruits in breakfast.
- Corn flakes can also be used as an ingredient in ice creams and cakes.
Licenses and Registrations
To establish a business, attaining certain registrations and licenses is a compulsion. Different kinds of business demand different licenses and registrations.
You may start the small to medium Business either a Proprietorship or Partnership Firm.
If you are starting this Business as One Person Company, then you have to register your firm as a proprietorship.
For Partnership operation, you have to register as a limited liability partnership (LLP) or Pvt. Ltd. Company with
Registrar of Companies (ROC).
it is mandatory to get the GST number to run the business; you need to apply for the GST registration.
obtain trade license from local authorities
this MSME/SSI Registration will help you to get schemes and facility for the business offers by the state government
BIS has mentioned the specific quality standard for Business. ISI specification for the
This business is categories under food processing business; therefore, you must have to take the FSSAI license.
you can secure your brand with trademark registration
IEC code is essential for the export of the product
state insurance which is an insurance scheme for workers.
Employees provident fund is compulsory for the business where more than 20 employees are working.
To comply with the above processes and registration, one might need any legal expert who would help in absolute legal compliance to meet industrial standards.
Corn Flakes Manufacturing Process
Corn Flakes manufacturing is quite simple and can be achieved in three steps- grain cleaning, grit section, and final production.
Step 1: Grain Cleaning
Intending to manufacture corn flakes, you are required to use yellow and white corn. Firstly, clean the corn grains, then remove the dust out of them. Silos can be used for storing corn grains. You can use a separator to separate large gains from small ones.
Step 2: Corn Grit Section
Once the grains are polished, you need to mill them and remove the brans and germs. Them, cook the small broken pieces in the steam cooker under pressure. Now, add the flavor, sugar syrup, salt, malt, and water, and then cook it in medium flame.
Step 3: Corn Flakes Section
Now, pass the cooked material in the heavy flaking machine and convert the grits into flakes.
The cooking process is complete. Transfer the corn flakes into the packing machine now.
Business Set-up Location
Choosing a fitting location for your business is a crucial decision. You can set up your manufacturing unit in a place where corn and maize grow efficiently.
Machinery Equipment for Corn Flakes Manufacturing Business
Usually, the corn flakes manufacturing plants integrated machines. Here is a list of the machinery equipment you must have:-
- Air classifiers, including all its accessories
- Silo for storing the corn grains
- Steamer or Pan Cooker
- A Heavy flaking machine
- A Rotary oven
- A Separator
- A Cooling and Screening Equipment
- Mixer for syrups
- Rotary steam cooker
- Weighing balance machine
- Boiler Cap
Corn flakes manufacturing business is a business that can be established with less investment and more profit and can be a great option for people aiming to become self-reliant.