The name sunflower derives from its characteristic of turning its head towards the sun in the daytime. Through this process, the sunflower intakes and grasps the energy from the sun, which helps the sunflower in growing efficiently. Every single flower head nearly consists of 1,000 seeds which are surrounded by the petals of the flower. In addition to this, the sunflowers are capable of growing up to a height of 10 feet, and the roots can grow nearly 6 feet into the field. Since the sunflower is highly rich in quality, investing in the sunflower oil business can be a great choice for budding entrepreneurs.
Introduction on Sunflower Oil Business
Lately, the consumption of sunflower oil has become popular among people. The major reason behind the massive popularity of the sunflower oil business is several qualities and health benefits of sunflower oil. In addition to this, sunflower oil is exceedingly nutrient-dense. Communing sunflower oil as a part of the diet can be extremely beneficial for health. Sunflower oil is abundant in Vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant known to protect the health of the organs, cells, and tissues of our body). It also plays a crucial role in improving the immune system of the body.
The below-given infographic displays a few qualities of Sunflower Oil.
- Sunflower is filled with omega 6 fats and Vitamin E.
- It is well-known for its high smoke point.
- Sunflower Oil is a good source of poly and monounsaturated fats.
The Idea behind Choosing this Business
Selecting to invest in the profitable Sunflower Oil Business is a great idea as this business can be set up with a moderate investment. But, intending to establish the sunflower oil business, you must understand the business with all its aspects. Therefore, here is a detailed guide that will help you in knowing and understanding everything about this profit-earning business idea.
Let’s start now..
Why Choose Sunflower Oil Business??
Listed below are a few reasons that clarify choosing the Sunflower Oil Business:-
- Generally, Sunflower oil is considered as essential edible cooking oil. The quantity of oil the seeds of a big sunflower consists of ranges between 32-40% approximately.
- At present, the sunflower oil sold in the market is majorly produced by the leaching and de-shelled pre-squeezing process. The de-shelled pre-squeezing and leaching process is the primary step taken to steer clear of the alkali effects, negative impact of much refining, and high temperature.
- This process is done to preserve the nutrients present in the sunflower oil.
- Additionally, the sunflower oil is made of the pressed seeds of the sunflower.
- This oil is safe to use for cooking and also garnishing salads.
- Since the sunflower oil is light amber in colour and can withstand high temperatures while cooking, it can also be used as an alternative to butter and ghee.
Requirements to Set-up this Business
- The key requirement to set-up the sunflower oil business is to have a well-structured business plan.
- You must have a clear strategy of the ideas you want to implement in your business
- Additionally, study your target market thoroughly.
- Now, look for a suitable place to get the sunflower oil manufactured.
- To set up the sunflower oil business, a good investment is a compulsion.
- Although the investment is large, but the profits earned in this business will overshadow all the investments made.
- Moreover, if you fail to invest alone for establishing this business, you can look for an investor, a business loan, or a partnership.
Setting up the business unit
It is advisable to set up your business entity nearby an industrial area.
Arrangement of resources
- The only essential raw material required to manufacture sunflower oil is the sunflower seeds.
- You must check the quality of the sunflower seeds you will use to manufacture the oil.
- Additionally, you are also required to procure the packaging consumables.
- The costing of products plays a vital role in the market.
- Therefore, selling sunflower oil at a nominal cost in the initial period will help you in making a good circle of customers.
Reaching out to Departmental/ Grocery Stores-
- You can advertise and also sell your sunflower oil by contacting your nearby departmental stores.
- Additionally, offering good discounts on the sunflower oil in the initial phase will motivate the shop owners to buy the product in bulk.
These were the important requirements that need to be fulfilled before setting up the Sunflower Oil Business.
Secure a Location for your Business
- For establishing the sunflower oil business, acquiring the space of 5000 Sq. Ft is needed.
- Since this business demands a lot of space, arranging for huge capital is a requirement.
- Additionally, you should set up your sunflower oil manufacturing plant near the industrial area.
- Also, do make sure that the area you choose has a sufficient supply of water and electricity.
Accurate Harvesting Time
Growing the Sunflowers can be an easy process, but having the right knowledge of when to harvest the sunflower seeds helps you in growing the sunflowers in a good quantity.
If you harvest the sunflower seeds too soon, you are more likely to have kernels inside the seeds. Additionally, if you harvest the seeds too late, the seeds may dry out.
Here are a few points you must keep in mind while deciding on when to harvest:-
- Harvest the sunflower seeds only when are developed and plump.
- Harvest when the petals of the sunflower begin to dry out and fall off.
- Harvest when the backside of the sunflower turns brown.
License And Registration
To establish a this manufacturing business, you must obtain specific licenses is a must.
You may start the small to medium Business either a Proprietorship or Partnership Firm.
If you are starting this Business as One Person Company, then you have to register your firm as a proprietorship.
For Partnership operation, you have to register as a limited liability partnership (LLP) or Pvt. Ltd. Company with
Registrar of Companies (ROC).
it is mandatory to get the GST number to run the business; you need to apply for the GST registration.
obtain trade license from local authorities
this MSME/SSI Registration will help you to get schemes and facility for the business offers by the state government
BIS has mentioned the specific quality standard for Business. ISI specification for the
This business is categories under food processing business; therefore, you must have to take the FSSAI license.
you can secure your brand with trademark registration
IEC code is essential for the export of the product
state insurance which is an insurance scheme for workers.
Employees provident fund is compulsory for the business where more than 20 employees are working.
To comply with the above processes and registration, one might need any legal expert who would help in absolute legal compliance to meet industrial standards.
Market Potential of Sunflower Oil Business
For assuring the success of Sunflower Oil Business, you need to study its market potential well.
- In recent years, the demand for sunflower oil has been increasing rapidly.
- This oil has maintained its popularity extensively amongst all the manufacturers, sellers, buyers, and consumers.
- Sunflower Oil is majorly used for cooking at high temperatures (frying seeds, making meals) and is also used as a substitute for a few the dairy products like- margarine, butter, or even ghee.
- Sunflower oil is also chosen for its neutral taste, and a small amount of sunflower oil is also used in lubricants, cosmetics, and resins.
Machinery Equipment and Manufacturing Cost
Here is a list of the machinery along with its cost that you will require to establish the Sunflower Oil Business:-
- Screening or cleaning machine costs ₹3.45 lakh approximately.
- Cooker and filter press will cost you between ₹60,000 to ₹80,000.
- The screen expeller will cost you between ₹25,000 to ₹30,000.
- The packaging consumable kike, empty plastic bottles, big cans, etc., will cost near around ₹10,000.
- Additionally, the storage tank will cost ₹50,000 approximately.
Sunflower Oil Manufacturing Process
- Put all the sunflower seeds together and wash them thoroughly to remove all the dust.
- Now, clean all the seeds and put them to dry.
- Once the seeds are dried off, put them for pressing.
- During the process of oil pressing, the sunflower seeds are put in the screw press machine. Through this process, the oil is screewed up in the barrels of the machine.
- After the oil is extracted from the sunflower seeds, it is poured for refining.
- The sunflower oil is refined to remove the bitterness, odour, and colour.
- In the process of refining, the sunflower oil is heated at a high temperature of 50°-85°.
- After refining the oil, it is deodorized, bypassing the steam over it.
- In addition to this, a small amount of citric acid is also added to prevent oxidation in the oil.
- The sunflower oil is now ready to be packed in large containers, empty bottles, or cans.
- You can now export your sunflower Oil.
With the rapidly changing time and lifestyle of people these days, health is being given priority. Additionally, the major reason that makes people worry about their health, as well as immunity, is the highly increasing health issues, diseases, and the rising cases of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, rectifying the eating habits plays a major role in taking care of health. Hence, choosing to add cooking your daily meals in sunflower oil will be a great choice. Using Sunflower Oil results in improving the functioning of your heart and also energizes your body. That is why it can be stated that choosing to invest in the Sunflower Oil Business can lead you to generate great profit.